The Moon leaves Gemini square with Neptune on the 9th May, and with this many of us will feel we have to be responsible for others. Caring for others does create positive energy within ourselves, but we must make sure we are also caring for ourselves.
To help you maintain a good level of self care here’s our ten tips:
- Take five minutes out of your day to re-group. Just a simple five minutes here and there to breathe and gather your thoughts can be like a mental hug.
- Write down 5 things at the end of the day that were positive. Reminding yourself at the end of every day of the things that were good will help to keep positive energy flowing.
- Make a weekly menu. Healthy eating is essential for your physical, mental and emotional well-being. Plan out your week’s menu with some new and exciting recipes.
- Drink a glass of water every morning. We often wake up dehydrated after our sleep and drinking a glass of water in the morning can help us to feel energized.
- Keep moving. Whatever your job entails, it’s important to move your body about at regular intervals. Get up and walk about or do some stretches.
- Get plenty of sleep. Lots of us aren’t getting enough sleep and this is disastrous for our performance and our health. This is perhaps the most important self-care you can do. Snooze away and do all you can to get a full night’s sleep so you are alert in the day.
- Get a potted plant. Caring for other things promotes happy hormones and reduces stress, but you might not be in a position for a pet. A potted plant is a fantastic way to nurture and also to gain healthy benefits from having greenery in your home.
- Be in the moment, just for a moment. Many of us have busy days and it’s important to stop every now and then and appreciate where you are. Take a moment to be fully present, breathe in deeply and see the wonder all around you.
- Watch your posture. Your mom always told you to sit up straight, right? Well, she was right. Good posture helps your body and stops you getting aches and pains and it’s also good for your mental attitude. Posture brings positivity.
- Don’t be afraid to say no. Socializing can be great for uplifting your mood, but if you really can’t face going out and all you want to do is curl up under a blanket at home, don’t be afraid to tell your friends no. Put you first, they’ll understand.