Meditation for Chakras
Chakra is the Sanskrit word for cycle or circle. Chakras are not physical, but refer to areas of the body that have concentrations of sensation. They have a whirling quality like a pinwheel, and can be associated to organs in their respective area. We most commonly connect each chakra with different base qualities of human nature and we focus on a particular chakra to cultivate balance in these qualities. You may also hear of them as energy centres or wheels that are located in front of the spine.
The 7 Chakras from top to bottom :
- 7th Sahasrara – located above the skull – White – Beyond Self, Witness
- 6th Ajna – Between the eyebrows – Purple – Inner Wisdom
- 5th Visshudhi – Lower throat – Blue – Expression
- 4th Anahata – Sternum – Green – Connection – Space
- 3rd Manipura – Centered below the rib cage – Yellow – Drive
- 2nd Svadhisthana – Between the hips – Orange – Creativity
- 1st Muladhara – Between the anus & genitals – Red – Identity
Dr. Thara Vayali is a licensed Naturopathic Doctor, and experienced yoga teacher in Vancouver, BC. She is an avid reader and writer, loves Vancouver’s ocean air & making delicious, healthy food. She is passionate about movement arts, whether it is through dance, yoga, climbing, or cycling through the city. Dr. Vayali is a health consultant, who guides patients as they navigate their health concerns. Through researching, problem solving and teaching she helps individuals make decisions for optimal health. Learn more about Thara by visiting her website.