Do you forget to eat lunch? Do you often ask for your lunch to-go? Do you eat at your desk?
If you answered yes to one or all of the above questions, this article is for you!
We are sometimes guilty of not taking the time to nourish our bodies during the workday. Haven't we heard that eating a well-balanced meal will provide us with energy and productivity? Then why do we put it on the back burner?
These 7 tips will help ensure you make the time to not only nourish your body, but also your mind, as you become more mindful of your eating habits.
1. Take the time on Sunday to plan out your lunches for the week. Make small snack bags of vegetables, or nuts that won't parish and last you till Friday.
2. Keep some brain food at your desk, like almonds or trail-mix.
3. Set an alarm 10 minutes before your lunchtime. This is a great reminder for you to finish that last email or phone call, so you can be fully present and ready to leave your desk.
4. Focus on every bite. Experience the mouth-feel of food and appreciate the quality. By taking a moment to explore the textures and aromas of your food, you are being mindful.
5. Start each meal with gratitude. Thank yourself for taking the time to take care of your body.
6. If you are going out for lunch, depending on how long you have, take a seat there. This is a great time to get out of the office and get to know a co-worker.
7. Sit at a designated eating area. The moment you take your lunch to your desk, you are putting your nutrition on the back burner.
In the everyday rush of life, we have become disconnected from food in general. Since food ultimately becomes our bodies, we grow disconnected from ourselves. Taking time appreciate the food on our plates is an important step in cultivating mindfulness and mindful eating.