Work with us! We're hiring TWO Sales Positions
Position time: Full Time
Location: Downtown Vancouver
At Mala Collective, we work to bring meditation and mindfulness to a new generation. We want to make it accessible, fun, and part of our everyday lives. We do this through working with fair trade artisans in the developing world to create authentic mala beads. The prayer beads are handmade, blessed, and a reminder to set intentions, manifest dreams, and to aid in counting mantras in meditation. We are currently in the process of expanding our product line to offer more tools to enhance mindfulness practices.
Job Description: We're looking for positive, creative, hard working, and yoga-loving individuals to join our growing team at Mala Collective.
Come work with us at our beautiful, loft-style downtown Vancouver office and enjoy:
- summer hours (every other friday off in the summer!)
- local and organic office snack delivery
- fun and casual dress and atmosphere
The East Coast Sales Manager & International Sales Manager will develop and implement strategies to expand Mala Collective’s relationships on the East Coast of North America and Internationally with retail locations and top influencers. As we expand our product line, we'll be entering new markets and new territories — taking us on an exciting new path.
- Develop, monitor, and execute an annual sales and profitability plan that ensures quarterly and annual targets are met, supporting the objectives of the company.
- Generating qualified leads, and turning those leads into customers.
- Maintaining relationships with clients and contacts — this includes following up with leads and offering post sale support.
- Engage in a timely and courteous manner to all you communicate with.
- Have a deep understanding of Mala Collective products — what is currently in stock, what is coming next. In addition, advise on feedback from clients.
- Understand trends, competitors, and the overall market in which Mala Collective operates.
- Research possible tradeshows and related events within your region, in which you would represent Mala Collective.
- Align with key ambassadors to help promote and expand our brand, while educating about meditation and mindfulness.
- Facilitate, partner, and support local events, meet ups and ambassadors for exposure and education.
- General sales support and administration.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business. Or an acceptable combination of both education and related experience.
- Works well in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment with finite deadlines.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication (with an upbeat phone voice).
- French Language skills are an asset for the East Coast position as many of our customers are in Quebec! The ability to communicate in a second or third language would be an asset for the International position.
- You never say, “That’s not my job.” We are a small (but quickly growing) team, always ready to pitch in and get the job done, no matter the task.
- Driven and motivated to exceed monthly sales goals
- Experience with Shopify and Basecamp is an asset.
- Quick learner who hits the ground running.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously
Qualities you embody
- Yogic mindset
- A love of learning new things
- Consistent and reliable
- A love of goal setting and manifesting
- Enjoys working with a team, but is also a self-starter
- Positive attitude
- Loves dogs :)
How to Apply
Please send us the following:
- One page letter outlining your relevant experience, why you want to work for Mala Collective, as well as compensation expectations.
- An original submission of your 2015 vision and goals.
- A resume that captures your related experience and email it to email@example.com with the words "East Coast Sales Manager - *your name*" or "International Sales Manager - *your name*" in the subject line by July 21, 2015. No phone calls please.
We thank all applicants for their interest in our company; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. (Note — you will only be contacted if you attach all three requirements that are listed above.)
The successful candidate will work with us in our Downtown Vancouver office. The position will start July/August 2015.