Work with us! We're hiring a Product Manager
Product Manager [Full-time]
Position time: Full Time
Location: Downtown Vancouver
At Mala Collective, we work to bring meditation and mindfulness to a new generation. We want to make it accessible, fun, and part of our everyday lives. We do this through working with fair trade artisans in the developing world to create authentic mala beads. The prayer beads are handmade, blessed, and a reminder to set intentions, manifest dreams, and to aid in counting mantras in meditation. We are currently in the process of expanding our product line to offer more tools to enhance mindfulness practices.
Are you passionate about owning a product's lifecycle — from idea, to launch, to embracing and understanding customer response? Do you enjoy providing creative input, and looking for ways to make your products even better? We're looking for a product manager to join our growing team at Mala Collective. You will be responsible for forecasting and inventory control, which will include reporting to the team, working with our numerous manufacturers, and being highly organized as we develop and launch new products to our collection of signature mala beads. You will help develop and deliver timelines for our team, create purchase orders, and have a strong love for numbers.
Forecasting and Inventory control
- Managing the entire product line life cycle from strategic planning through to tactical activities.
- Continuously improving forecasting techniques, method, and approach
- Manage inventory targets (including safety stock levels) that are approved by management
- Lead forecast and inventory planning meetings, reviewing recommended sales forecasts and inventory goals (emphasis on brand transitions, new product introduction, and promotions)
- Assemble and analyze all data pertinent to creating the sales forecast
- Monitor SKU levels and recommend SKU rationalization initiatives in the future
- Managing relationships with suppliers and understand lead times, order times, etc.
- Ensuring product levels are up to date and correct in our eCommerce system
Timeline and launch management
- Management of all product integration, product launches and version changes throughout conception and implementation
- Help development deliver outstanding, high quality products on time and within budget which meet the identified target market requirements
- Own the product and/or platform(s) roadmap and pricing recommendations
- Collect user feedback and identify and present innovative ideas on new product features and functionalities and clearly communicate these to the Development team. Work closely with the users on pilot projects to refine and plan product specifications
- Act as the ‘go-to-person’ for the Marketing & Sales teams when it comes to product release schedules and product roadmaps
- Training of pre-sales and sales representatives to ensure product knowledge, feature/benefits and differentiators throughout the Product(s) life cycle
- Background in scheduling, forecasting, procurement and planning
- Good communication and team building skills
- Detail oriented
- Extensive spreadsheet analysis and strong mathematical abilities
- Collaborative skills in resolving long and short positions in inventory
- Experience in managing end of life cycle and absolute inventory
- BA/BS or equivalent experience; MBA preferred
- Minimum 4 years of product management experience
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills and high level of customer service for internal and external audiences
- Works well in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment with finite deadlines.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication.
- You never say, “That’s not my job.” We are a small (but quickly growing) team, always ready to pitch in and get the job done, no matter the task.
- Experience with Basecamp is an asset.
- Quick learner who hits the ground running.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously
Qualities you embody
- Yogic mindset
- A love of learning new things
- Consistent and reliable
- A love of goal setting and manifesting
- Enjoys working with a team, but is also a self-starter
- Positive attitude
- Loves dogs :)
Work with us at our beautiful, loft-style downtown Vancouver office and enjoy
- summer hours (every other friday off in the summer!)
- local and organic office snack delivery
- fun and casual dress and atmosphere
How to Apply
Please send us the following:
- One page letter outlining your relevant experience, why you want to work for Mala Collective, as well as compensation expectations.
- An original submission of your 2015 vision and goals.
- A resume that captures your related experience and email it to jobs @ malacollective.com with the words “Product Manager — **your name**” in the subject line by April 21, 2015. No phone calls please.
We thank all applicants for their interest in our company; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. (Note — you will only be contacted if you attach all three requirements that are listed above.)
The successful candidate will work with us in our Downtown Vancouver office. The position will start May 2015