Warrior II Pose
There’s a level of harmony and grace required in standing yoga poses. In this particular warrior pose, it will strengthen the muscles of your legs while creating an internal heat, preparing the body for more advanced poses (which is why you usually find standing poses near the beginning of class vs. the end). Try a few of these before a long walk or in the sun on the grass.
Warrior II — How to do it:
1. Start by standing in the middle of your mat, facing the long edge of your mat.
2. Open your arms out to a T shape and Step your feet wide apart, until your ankles are directly under your wrists (or as close as you can manage).
3. Turn your right foot to the right, till your foot is pointing straight & parallel to the long edge of your mat.
4. Keep your left foot pointing straight ahead (parallel to the short edge of your mat).
5. Keeping your arms spread out in a T like shape, take a long inhale and on your exhale bend your right knee till it’s at a 90 degree angle (knee over your ankle).
6. Keeping your shoulders over your hips take in a few long deep breaths and gaze forward over your right hand.
7. After 5 – 10 breaths, adjust your stance and change sides.