Mala Collective’s mission is to provide tools and practices that empower people to find a calmer mind, body & spirit. Handmade in Bali, our beautiful products empower people to live with intention and carry their intention throughout their day.
At Mala Collective, we work to bring meditation and mindfulness to all. We strive to make it accessible, fun, and part of our everyday lives. We do this by partnering with fair trade artisans in the developing world to create authentic products. The prayer beads are handmade, blessed, and a reminder to set intentions, manifest dreams, and to aid in counting mantras in meditation.
We're looking for people who are positive, creative, hard working and passionate about mindfulness to join our growing team at Mala Collective.
Shipping and Inventory Coordinator - Job Description
What we need?
We're looking for a positive, hard working, and detail oriented individual to join our growing team at Mala Collective. On top of this we need a proactive master of problem solving! You have to enjoy being in a fast paced environment, juggling lots of small projects and at the same time you are flexible and supportive team player, you understand in a small business there’s lots of work to be done and we all happily contribute.
Your job is dynamic, interesting and fun. Based at the Head Office in Vancouver, you will be responsible for managing all aspects of outgoing and incoming shipments, managing all associate inventory and deliver first class customer service with exceptional efficiency. You are also responsible for managing daily happenings this includes a wide variety of things – often whatever is needed in the moment - like answering phones, providing customer support, etc. We are a small but nimble team, that is growing quickly and we need you to support our growth by getting our beautiful product in house, on the website and then to our customers!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Pick, pack and ship our products to our international and domestic customers in a timely and accurate manner using carrier specific resources and software.
- Create and maintain organization of inventory and supplies.
- Ensure all products are properly sized, tagged and packaged for customer delivery.
- Receive incoming shipments and products: confirm quantities, perform quality control checks, and ensure proper storage of inventory.
- Work with team to ensure proper levels of inventory and shipping supplies and accessories.
- Work with Operations Specialist to improve efficiency of operations, including inventory management, shipping and logistics
- Quick learner who hits the ground running.
- Highly organized with independent problem-solving skills
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills and high level of customer service for internal and external audiences
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong documentation skills
- Ability to follow and create processes to increase efficiencies.
- Works well in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment with finite deadlines.
- Experience with large scale shipping
- Experience with Shopify, Ship station and Paypal admin is a plus.
- You never say, “That’s not my job.” We are a small (but quickly growing) team, always ready to pitch in and get the job done, no matter the task.
To be considered for this role you need to have a few key skills and a great personality. Detail oriented, caring, supporting and motivated people with a great sense of humour do well here. This is not the type of role where you will be micromanaged. You need to be innovative, intelligent and proactive.
We want to learn about you! Tell us about yourself and send along your resume, cover letter, goals and anything else to support in our quest for the newest addition to our team: send all to email@example.com.